6SigmaDCX has always had certain “work from home” (WFH) capabilities given the global nature of many data center projects and teams. However, with the recent increase in remote work, we thought it’d be helpful to examine how our engineers are tweaking the way they use our software to ensure that projects continue to run smoothly.
We’ve compiled some of their tips here so that your 6SigmaDCX software continues to run optimally even when you’re WFH.
2. Use a remote desktop connection to operate 6SigmaDCX on a machine within the high-speed part of your company’s network. This will eliminate the need to load and save files over your internet connection.
3. Model files are usually small and can transfer quickly, but if you have a model with simulation results, keep in mind that the results files can be quite large and take a long time to transfer over a VPN or home internet connection.
4. Graphics performance might be a bit slower over a remote desktop. Make sure your 6Sigma Graphics options are configured for the fastest performance with the following settings found in:
File > Options > Graphics
Figure 1. Disable and enable the above graphic options to ensure fast performance
5. Un-link any shared libraries if using 6Sigma on your own machine to reduce unnecessary traffic over your internet connection.
6. If you are solving models on your own machine at home, make sure the model files are also stored within your home network, ideally on the same machine.
7. Solve remotely via batch queue rather than logging into a virtual machine if you experience connection issues when working from home.
We recently held a webinar series to answer some of our customers most pressing questions. Let us know if you run into any software issues in our User Support Forum. You can always contact us here if you have more general questions!
Blog written by: Robert Schmidt, Director of Sales + Client Innovation - Data Center Infrastructure Software SME
Other Recent Posts
Data Center Simulation Projects: Let’s Talk Numbers
Here at Future Facilities, we regularly check in with our clients to ensure that product developmen…
Future Facilities’ Process: The Digital Twin for Today's Data Center
Onboarding the Digital Twin: Quick Start Implementation Every organization has a unique set of prob…
29 May, 2020